Friday, May 16, 2008

Hmmm....

So today I accompanied the band (at the new school where I am teaching) on a field trip. They were combining with another school and I went along to help and play clarinet. Well, it was a wild experience for many reasons. Let's just say that by the time I got home I had a huge headache. The most fascinating part was that today was the first time in six years that I have really played clarinet. Not only could I remember the fingerings, but I had the endurance to play for awhile. It always amazes me that the Lord gives me the ability to play whatever instrument is required of me at a given time. It ended up that I was sitting inbetween our band teacher and a real clarinetist. Well, by the time we were done playing, the real clarinetist had given me an invitation to play in a clarinet choir!! So...we'll see where the Lord takes me with all of this new stuff.

No comments: