Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Just Wondering

Sometimes I just wonder about how many times the Lord tries to get our attention and we just shrug it off as "too normal" a circumstance to be the Lord. I'm sure there must be multiple times throughout the day when He's trying to share something with me, but I'm just not focused on Him and His will. Especially when I am teaching, I'm in teacher mode and am not necessarily thinking about Him. Or as on other occasions, I will start seeing the warning signs that I'm might be starting to get sick, but I fail to act upon them, and then it is only when I get flat out sick that I realize He has been trying to get my attention.

As I am working my way through Judges and 1 Samuel, I am beginning to see how patient and longsuffering He is. When the Israelites kept turning away from Him (an absolutely crazy amount of times), and then when they made it clear that they wanted a human king to reign over them instead of the Lord, He was still patient in pursuing them and loving them. Guess it is a lesson in both how I must be forgiving, but also of how much He loves each one of us--and that He is not against allowing us to go through adverse situations and circumstances in order to bring us to a place of seeking His face.

No comments: