Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Life Happens

Sometimes it feels like I just can't win. Revisions to my paper that I really should've had done a week ago got postponed because of concerts, a party, and a death in the family. So I set out planning on buckling down this past weekend to get it done. I got a good start Friday which was encouraging. Saturday came along with a family who needed emergency babysitting, and then my Grandma was taken to the hospital that night, aka, a very late night for all involved. Sunday brought a much needed nap and some small progress on the paper, and yesterday I spent all afternoon on it. I got everything done with the exception of one thing. So the plan today was to leave school right away and come home and work. I didn't get home until 6:00, sat down to eat dinner at 6:45 and got to my computer an hour later. By the time I got my computer booted up, I realized that it was almost 8:00 and I needed to get in the shower soon if I was going to get to bed in order to get up at 5:30 and start the whole cycle over again. Tomorrow I meet with my adviser who is expecting me to have it completely done. Unless the Lord works a miracle for me, it won't be done. It is super frustrating when you are actually trying not to procrastinate and instead it looks like the biggest procrastination plan ever thought of! Anyways, tomorrow I meet with my adviser, Thursday night is another concert, and the cycle continues. And lets not forget that report cards for 2 schools are due soon.

The Bible says that when we are weak, He is strong. I am supremely hoping that this will prove itself true as I am in the middle of navigating the craziest three weeks of the year.

No comments: