Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Psalm 33:16-19

No king is saved by the multitude of an army;
A mighty man is not delivered by great strength.
A horse is a vain hope for safety;
Neither shall it deliver any by its great strength.
Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear
Him, On those who hope in His mercy,
To deliver their soul from death, And to keep
them alive in famine.

Psalm 33:16-19

At first glance it doesn't really seem that this psalm applies to us today, but when I start to think about how many things I put my trust in (instead of the Lord), then it becomes relevant. The Lord is the only one who can save us and keep us afloat--He needs to be our strength in time of need. Our own individual efforts will not get us far, and I find that the more I trust in my own efforts, the more worn out I become. Lord, I do pray that you would teach us to turn to you for all of our needs, that you would be the solid Rock upon which we stand, and that we would truly know that You will not give us more than we can handle. Thank you that You are ever present with us. Amen!

No comments: