Friday, November 16, 2007

Family Fun

So I'm at my parents working on my paper. My grandmother has so many different kinds of the 100 calorie snack packs that she probably could open up a small shop. As I went into her closest to get a snack I heard her singing, "Many calories to you, many calories to you..."

Last night at dinner I was telling them how my students reacted to the new oak cello boards my dad had made. There were many cries of "oooh, how smooth and shiny!" To that my grandma replies, "did you tell them they were as smooth as a baby's ass?" As I was sitting there in shock, my mom says, "of course not, they're 4th & 5th graders!"

Nothing is ever dull around here!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Theres an idea. Instead of a $1 store a 100 calorie store. OR instead of a Dollar menu......!----although the 100 calorie chicken McNugget would really bum me out. It would probably be smaller than the 8 calorie candy bar.
Pastor Tony is all about the texture of his bible being as your grandma described. Personally I never really care to dwell on that high-maintenance part of the baby. Wipe it off, powder it and don't deal with it again until the necessity becomes obvious. Now, I say, to wrap up today's object lesson: Is that how we should treat our Bibles?

Anonymous said...

Ha! Sylvia, you got that right about Pastor Tony and his Bibles! I honestly don't know about the whole thing of caring for your Bibles and putting a lot of money into them...

Lydee said...

Ha! Ha! Your grandma is hilarious, so glad you're writing these down! Thanks!