Monday, November 12, 2007

Someday...

I'm going to learn my lesson and not check my work e-mail at home...especially an hour before I want to go to bed. Yeah. Got an e-mail from a parent saying that her child was quitting...a child who shouldn't be quitting, and there was no sign of this coming! I wish they would let me know when the child is first thinking of quitting so that we can talk through it together. Once the parent's mind is made up, there is usually very little I can do to change or help the situation. Oh well, have a goodnight.

1 comment:

Lydee said...

uuugh, I had a student quit choir in the same way, that is just so unpleasant, I feel the same as you, there should be some warning. You know, we could write that in our syllabus, before a child is allowed to quit, there has to be a waiting period or something.