Tuesday, February 12, 2008

At last an update...

So the January craziness has ended and I am now into the relatively calm of February. The latest and greatest is that I've finally pulled my viola "out of storage" so to speak and am practicing again. The reason: my brother-in-law needed a violist for his April recital at Houghton. It has been about 8 years since I've played my viola and about 6 since I've even really practiced violin, so it has been quite interesting. But I must say the Lord has blessed my efforts and the past 6 years of teaching have improved my musicianship skills and in turn has given me the ability to practice more efficiently. So I had thought that I had become a violinist....but must confess on beginning to play viola again realized that I am truly a violist at heart. Thus the reason why I love the sound of the bass recorder. I guess the exciting news is that practicing has gone from being a chore to something I enjoy doing and look forward to when I get home from teaching. Now if I can just figure out how to squeeze more than an hour and a half in each day, I will be good to go!

No comments: