Thursday, February 15, 2007

More Snow on the Homefront

"Well the weather outside is frightful,
and my furnace is delightful, (when it works)
and since they canceled the church service tonight,
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow."

Had to go in and teach today, but it turned out to be a low-key day, so that was nice. I have a couple of prayer requests for whoever feels led to pray:

1) (More Urgent) My grandmother is back in the hospital with a second compression fracture. She was doing well healing from her broken leg until about 3 weeks ago when she got pneumonia. Then she started going downhill. Please pray for healing, but also that she would come to know the Lord.

2) (Less Urgent) My principal wants me to be in the building full time next year. While this would be good on many fronts (and probably make my life a bit easier), it would mean that I would have to give up teaching my church kids on Fridays. I'm not sure that the Lord is moving me out of that role yet, or if he wants to move me out of it for a season. Over the five years I've been working towards building some sort of a music program there and I don't want to be out of it unless it is truly the Lord's will. Teaching music in a Christian setting is also the subject of my Master's project for Eastman...so...I'm torn. Thankfully though the situation is completely out of my hands. Before I am officially offered the position it has to go through the board of education and probably a couple other factors will come into play. So I'm praying that if being full time in the public school system is not His will for me, that the whole thing just wouldn't come to pass. If it were offered to me then it would probably be offered in a way where I would not be able to refuse it.

So now you have it folks! The two biggest updates on what is going on in my life right now. God bless and have a great night!

5 comments:

Priscilla said...

Are the kids you teach on Fridays homeschooled? Or is it at church after school?

Martha said...

Do I know you?

Martha said...

Okay, I thought you were that Gina. Music teacher, grew up in Webster, no church on Thursday night... Actually, I thought of you when you first commented on my blog. You ate dinner at my house once. :)

Martha said...

That would make your Friday students those at a Christian school.

Gina said...

Yes, that's exactly who I am! And yes, my Friday students are the ones at the Christian school.