Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow!

The time is 5:58 a.m., two more minutes until the alarm goes off, and the phone rings. A groggy voice on the other end tells me there is no school today. I ask them to hold on, I can't hear without my glasses on, and the conversation continues after I successfully navigate to where my glasses are.

Thus begins the second snow day we've had in two weeks. An unprecedented record for the school district where I work. I have to confess that I spent the majority of the day in bed. I haven't been well since Sunday and it was nice to have the day to lay low. It looks like our area has received somewhere around the 16" mark and more snow is predicted to fall overnight tonight, so it will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings!

5 comments:

Priscilla said...

No school for us on the 14th either. I know you live near me since you attend Eastman. Thanks for stopping by my "Princess Prayers blog."

Martha said...

Another snow day! And just think, there is no school next week either. Soon it will be spring...

Gina said...

Yeah for school breaks!

Priscilla said...

Gina, did your school cancel today too? Martha's my sister. Her town had another day off...but ours were back in school today (with my children whining).

Gina said...

No, I had to go in and teach. I know if our district cancels again, then we start loosing vacation days.