Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Minimalist Camping, Part 2





So we arrived Wednesday the 30th and the next day we spent at the state park. That morning we walked the trail that goes along the beach. It was somewhere in the vicinity of 1-2 miles and it was neat to see how the coast changed as we walked.





As we walked even the landscape changed slightly as different sections of the beach boasted different plants. The middle portion of the walk had pines--it was a bit strange to see sand and small pine trees in the same setting. I believe this flower is called a beach rose. It was new to me.










The east end of the beach was very rocky and reminiscent of the Maine coast.









This is one of my favorite photos from the trip. Still on the east end of the beach.

After spending the morning walking along the beach and exploring the hiking trails, we had lunch and then crashed for part of the afternoon. (Insert nap mentioned in the previous post.)

For our minimalist camping dinner, we went to a local place called the Clam Castle. I wish I had taken a picture of the food. It was fantastic! I tried my first lobster roll (awesome!), had clam strips, onion rings and clam chowder. (Disclaimer: I did not eat all of that by myself.) If you are ever in the area, I highly recommend it!

5 comments:

Martha said...

Not too sure about the ad gracing the top of the "Clam Castle," but the food sounds tasty.

Gina said...

I looked again, but I'm not sure what ad you are referring to. Perhaps I should unlink it.

Martha said...

It's gone now. It was an ad for Kotex and referenced a "panty test." Why they would want to advertise on a restaurant site is beyond me.

Martha said...

PS. The photos are beautiful.

Gina said...

Oh goodness, how awful!

Glad you enjoyed the photos!