Saturday, August 4, 2007

The Service

Sometimes I really want to update my blog, but I can't find the words to make it sound decent. leading worship went well today, thanks to the Lord's intervention. I really thought I was in for when I woke up congested this morning, but praise the Lord because He made it sufficient and people were blessed by it. So that is a huge praise! I guess the best word to describe the service today is bittersweet.

a few of us stayed back to help get set up for the reception-- it was also a real blessing just work "behind the scenes." Serving people as they were coming through the food line was also a form of ministry as you get to interact with each person. And the children who were there had the best manners I've ever seen kids have. "please, thank you, yes ma'am and no ma'am"

After everything was said and done I went back home and crashed for about an hour and then went over to visit a family of friends from church. I has a neat story to tell about my time there today, but it will have to wait because I'm going to bed. So have a good night!

1 comment:

Lydee said...

I want to hear the story, you must tell! Hope you're feeling well rested. Am I remembering correctly that you're done with your music history class? Woo Hoo, time to celebrate. Drink a frappicino for me! I miss you! Wish you were here at the beach. We have an extra room. Drat, why didn't we think of that earlier?! : )