Saturday, August 11, 2007

Svelt vs. Smelt

So after 6 hours of sleep I drove from Buffalo to Rochester to Grandma sit today. At the dinner table tonight:

Grandma: "If your mother quit having ice cream every night, she'd be nice and svelt."
Me: "What's svelt?"
Grandma: "Svelt, you don't know what svelt is?"
Me: "No, I've never heard of it before."
Grandma: "But you're a college student, you should know that."
Me: "Well, what is it?"
Grandma: "slim and trim"
Dad: "Yeah, isn't that the same thing as smelt?"
Mom: "No, that's a fish."

Me: "Wow! I'm going to have to put that on my blog."
Grandma: "You mean on the intercom?"
Dad: "No, on the internet!"

ahh, good times at the dinner table!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm..unhuh! Good laugh! Thanks Gina!

Lydee said...

your grandma and her words! She had me cracking up at the dinner table when I was up there! Tell her I said hello!

dawn said...

LOL, LOL!! what a riot! Thanks for the smile.