Friday, September 19, 2008

As Time Flies

Well, when I first started writing, it was about the one year old, then the one year old became the two year old and now he is the three year old. Perhaps its just a sign that I'm getting older, but its just amazing me how fast time is flying. When I first met the one year old he was 6 months old! I am so glad the Lord has blessed me with good friends with small children. It is just absolutely wild watching the kids grow and develop--not only that, but I think the Lord uses kids to speak to us in a number of different ways.

Tonight as I was helping the 3 year old using the "rather large potty," he says something to the effect of "don't let me fall in" with a rather frightened look. I respond, "I won't because I'm going to hold you." He replies, "I won't fall in because you're holding me." A rather simple conversation, but as I was crouched down, holding him up, it was neat watching his face change from fear to a simple trusting that I was going to keep him from falling. And yes, there in the bathroom, while the Lord has a captive audience He's reminding me of that childlike faith in which we are supposed to trust Him to keep us. It is nice to know that in the midst of living in such a complicated world where I have many responsibilities, I can seek refuge in His simple message of hope and salvation, leaving my worries and cares to Him.

(PS-As I am writing this, I am sitting on the wonderful couch located in the now cleared living room. At last I can live in more of the house and not be restricted to my bedroom and the dining room table!)

1 comment:

Lydee said...

yea! yea for baby steps! I need them too; my house gets neglected when I work.

so true, thank you for sharing what God is teaching you.

(and yes, I accidentally let Vivian fall into the toilet at McDonalds.) :-9