Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Work: It does a body good.

It's officially been well over a month since my last post, although I must confess that it feels like a year. In that time I've moved from my apartment into a house and started teaching in two schools (my regular school and a local Christian school who hired me at the end of March). Change seems to be the buzz word in my life lately. Not a bad thing, just new and different--getting used to new routines. Moving, starting a new job and attending a new church is more than I bargained for, but it has been good. The Lord definitely knows my needs better than I do. Life is never boring around here, that's for sure!

So I got home from work feeling rather discouraged. Things at one school are chaotic and depressing in a variety of ways and I'm rather bummed about only having four private students at this point. I was hoping for 7-10. One of the downsides about living alone is that sitting and stewing over a matter is becoming a regular pastime. Thankfully my mom was coming over to do some yard work, so it forced me to get outside and cleaned up all the branches from the weekend's storm. It's really a duh! thing, but I am forever amazed at how doing simple manual labor type tasks can bring a body out of a funk. I am very thankful for that.

2 comments:

Lydee said...

yes, it does help. I had a craptastic day (due to the moon, I'm sure) and felt a lot better getting outside with my girls last night. That and a glass of wine doesn't hurt! :-)

Lydee said...

I'll be praying for you.