Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Eastman Here I Come (Or So I Thought )

Now that teaching is winding up, I'm also trying to get back into the grad work thing. The only way I can access SPSS (a program I need to use for the next step of my project) is to go to the computer lab in the dorm--not much fun when you don't live "on campus." So I thought I'd go over for an hour after school and check it out. Well, as I was walking towards Eastman, I saw one of my former students and stopped to talk with her. Then her mother came by and proceeded to talk to me for the next half hour. In the course of that half hour I saw another one of my students. After finally ending the conversation with the mom, I ran into a person from church. By the time I actually walked into the building it was 5:15. At this point, I ran into my adviser who said to me, "What are you doing here?" "Well, I thought I'd stop by the computer lab and check out SPSS, but after being waylaid by various people, I'm thinking of just going home." Her response was, "Yeah, the computer lab can wait for another day." At this point I figured, might as well listen to my adviser, who just happened to be giving me some advice. Needless to say, after 45 minutes and four conversations later, I gave up and came home, not once stepping foot into the computer lab.

No comments: