Monday, September 10, 2007

Mondays

Well folks, it's 8:30 and I'm ready for bed. Gotta love the good old school schedule. Today was the first Monday of the school year and it was very productive. Hip hip hooray! This is quite momentous as productive Mondays are not my forte.

And now for something completely different:

I've decided (if I don't chicken out of it) to go and check out the local American Recorder Society chapter. It meets every other week, so I think that might be doable as far as being "out on a school night" goes. As much of a recorder geek I am and would like to be playing something other than beginning string music, I am hesitant as this is completely out of my comfort zone. The whole going and not knowing anyone there does not sound like fun and I'm not sure if I will last until 9:45. So...we'll see. It would be a good networking opportunity (in addition to the playing part). So...unless the Lord makes it very clear that I'm not to do this, I think I will be dragging myself to the first meeting tomorrow night. Me and my bass, that is (and the other four recorders I'm neglecting to mention.) Yes, in my geekiness, I will show up to the meeting with not one or two recorders, but my bag containing the whole consort.

No comments: