Saturday, September 8, 2007

Writing and Waiting

Frustrating evening...I was trying to change one of my guitar strings and broke the new string. So somehow I managed to get the old string back on and had a "cool down" session with the Lord. As I was playing some of the songs I had written a few years ago, I was thinking, "O Lord, it would be nice to have something new." Two things popped into my head. 1) was a comment lydee had made during our two weeks of having to be "creative on demand." 2) The other was that I should write something on the topic of waiting...the main subject at hand in my life right now.

So after playing around for a few minutes, I had a short chorus to a song based on the words "Be still and wait on the Lord, Be still and trust in Him." What a quick answer to prayer! Right now I'm picturing using it with my kids to create a class composition. Having them come up with verses, perhaps a recorder part....we'll see what happens. That's all, I must go to bed. Goodnight.

No comments: